Top 5 Best Trees to Plant in Vancouver
Advice from Tree Works, Your Trusted Vancouver Tree Services Company
Adding trees to your backyard not only improves the value of your home, but it can also have significant benefits for the health of your family and those living nearby. Providing shade and privacy, improving air quality and making the landscape more beautiful, trees are a welcome must-have if you have the space.
It does take some planning and knowledge of trees, though. You can’t just plant any type of tree and expect good results. Trying to plant something that isn’t suited to your climate or location can be a mistake that costs you both time and money. Knowing the best choices for your space, landscape features, soil conditions, temperature and lifestyle, is important.
Know Your Trees and Choose Them Wisely
Deciding which tree is right for you is about planning well into the future. You are making a decision that you will have to live with for a while. So, factors like how big the tree can grow, whether or not it needs pruning and if it will block windows or tangle with telephone wires are important considerations. Here are the top 5 trees you might consider planting in the Vancouver area:
- Maple: The maple grows fast and looks gorgeous throughout the year. At peak, they can be between 10 and 20 metres tall, depending on weather and soil conditions. But it is important to note that they require regular pruning, otherwise they can grow quite erratically.
- Oak: These are a favourite for their stunning beauty as they age well and are resilient in nature. They take longer to grow than a lot of other trees, but their roots go deep, and they are extremely resistant to harsh or erratic climates. These trees thrive in the Vancouver rain and can grow as tall as 14 metres.
- Lilac: The payoff for planting lilac trees comes in the spring when their flowers blossom and fill the air with an incredible scent. A perfect solution for people who don’t have a lot of lawn space, lilacs are not particularly temperamental. They are fairly easy to grow, provided they get lots of sunlight. At the most, these trees will only get to 5 metres tall, making them perfect for smaller areas.
- Cedar: Their thick, evergreen branches make this species a popular choice for people looking to increase the privacy of their home and yard. These trees grow fast in a wide variety of climates and can get to between 15 and 30 metres in height depending on what variety you choose. However, cedar trees require some prep work and care early on to make sure that they grow in the desired way.
- Black Ash: These trees are on the smaller side, growing to a maximum height of between 12 and 18 metres. They are easy to grow and flourish in wet climates like Vancouver’s.
In addition to choosing the right type of tree, you need experts who know the right greenhouses to source from and have the proper tools to plant it correctly. Tree Works brings over 40 years of experience to the table and has the equipment needed to plant large, well-developed trees for you with the lowest cost and least amount of time.
Contact us today and spruce up your yard with the best trees for the Vancouver area. Call us and set up an appointment to discuss your tree planting needs.